Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Eli : 16 months

Hello there friends! How are you? Shew...life doesn't slow down for anything, does it? Where did April go? Thankfully, the time waiting on our little man has flown by....by the time we adjusted back to GA...got over our sickness, got sick again...it is now MAY. But, i suppose that if Satan is trying to fight me with discouragment...he has failed...because he just made the time pass faster :) Sweet friends have been passing on photos. I decided I should start labeling Eli's photos too. He is our child, officially, although he doesn't live here yet.

I got Eli's crib ordered, to match Finn's. It is from Target, but really nice. I am not sure how we're going to fit both cribs in the room, or how close we want them (across the room, or right next to each other, like Eli is used to...?)  I'm not sure if I am going to be sad to ruin their sleep...or if I will end up happy that they are bonded and can sleep in any conditions...
Today Brandon simulated Eli's cry...( a very LOUD (aye,yi,yi)) and Finn began screaming.  Not a good sign, but we shall see. :)

Finn is onto solids like a champ.  He loves them, especially the banana, avocado and bean mixture that we had for dinner.  You would've thought I was feeding the child cookie dough...he couldn't get enough.

I asked facebook for help with carseats and got lots of opinions.  Now I feel almost more confused. I know the Britax is good, but it is so expensive.  My boys are both more than 20lbs...but I want them to stay rear facing for a while.  Any thoughts here?

In fact...any tips on toddler stuff in general? ANY tips are welcome.  I mean it.  Or if you have tips on two children close together...i am currently taking notes at the moment.

Also, does anyone have tips on clean eating?  I am not doing it...but I would like to think about it...especially with my kids.



name
gray ric rac copy

16 comments:

  1. As you know, my kiddos are 7 months apart, and I think you will find that eventually, the closeness in age will work to your advantage. :) If you ever have specific questions, definitely feel free to reach out to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to chat with you more detailed about everything! I know you have lots of wisdom.

      Delete
  2. We need a play date. We can talk toddler stuff, car seat stuff, food stuff, boys-who-are-close-to-the-same-age stuff...it'll be awesome. :)
    I have baby gear for Finn so that my boys don't run him over. Text me and let me know when you're free. Tuesdays are our only busy days right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a The First Years True Fit Premier and really love it. It rear-faces for a long time (don't remember off the top of my head), and switches to forward facing for even longer. My favorite part is that you don't have to uninstall it to adjust the harness height as they grow (or if you switch between which kiddo rides in which seat), it's just handy knobs on the sides of the seat. That's really what sold me. And it's one of the safest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a Graco myride65 and love it - I'm about to order a second for baby #2. It fits rear to 40 lbs (and my 2 year old is perfectly comfy rf still) and forward to 65 so it should last a long time. One thing to check no matter what one you pick is the patterns. The myrides can vary from $125-180 and True fits from $130-210 just depending on the fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. His eyes are so beautiful:)
    Congrats for the wonderful family did you build.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think they are beautiful too!!

      Delete
  6. No tips...just smiling because Eli and Will are right at the same age, so it's fun to imagine what he is up to. Will is not walking yet either, so I'll hope they both delay (for both of us) just a little while longer. Love you all.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love our britax! Zaidee does great in it. Eli looks so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi love...here is a great website with lots of reasonable clean eating ideas. I use it here and there. http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/

    You are such an inspiration. I cannot wait to get all of these tips from you! Love you, family. Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have the Evenflo Symphony 65 All in One for both boys. They rear face up to 40 lbs and are able to be used as boosters until they are 100 lbs. So simple. I love them more than any other car seat I've used before (and I've used a lot of them over the years:) ). Also, I still need to work on my Ethopian dance skills for you. I would love to send you a video to show Eli so he feels right at home once you bring him home. Perhaps I should even arrange to meet you all at the airport to do my jig to welcome him state side...........hmmmmm, I LOVE that idea! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please come dance for us. I can totally see you rockin the Ethiopian dance moves. LOVE YOU.

      Delete
  10. Love his sweet smile!
    My sister gets the amazing clean eating magazine. She's tried alot of their stuff and loves it. I've just been to lazy to order it but I want it!
    She has a few books for clean eating recipes too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bite the bullet and buy the Britax Advocate- SG is 3.5 and she is still rear facing. It's an investment and a worthy one, in our opinion.

    ReplyDelete

  12. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete