Thursday, September 15, 2011

{Humility.} Such a good trait.

Thank you for your sweet comments about my little man.
I tend to think he is pretty handsome. I miss him a lot {understatement}, but I am thankful to have the memories of him. He was created so perfectly.
 We had a wonderful celebration of him on our birthdays. A balloon shot here. after the release. KATE grabbed a couple more pictures I will share in the future.

Oh goodness.
The Lord and I are having some fierce communion lately. Sometimes with my spouse, I call this fighting. But, let's just say we are having some good, strong communion. Not sure what his plan is for little Finn...but I would love it if Finn would come to meet us all. But I am constantly reminded that his timing is not my timing.
Lucky Dog, I am finally at the point where my ankles have swelled. I told my mom that my ankles look like Dad's do after a day on his feet. She said, " so you have cankles?"....
Exactly.
It is very pretty.

I feel like the Lord is constantly refining and shaping me, just like he does when I struggle with body image when I am NOT PREGNANT.
My sweet friend who was tiny to begin with just had her baby. She was due two days after me. When people would see us together, they would always say (to her) "You are so tiny!"...hahaha...thus I received the opposite quiet message...
  I am so darn happy for her, and her sweet boy is just the cutest.  He is so snuggly and she had a wonderful delivery.  They should be going home soon and I can't wait to hang out with them as a new family of three!
I think my sister in law (who is due in October) is going to have her baby before I am...which will be wonderful (they say he is healthy and ready, and she is already dilated and effaced..).

But I might be lying if I said I didn't want to go ahead and meet my guy too.
And that maybe I struggle with jealousy that I don't carry my baby looking like a cantaloupe instead of an extra large watermelon.

Yesterday, a nice gal said, "Are you only having one baby?". bwahahahaha....
I work out {every day}, I don't eat horribly...

Thank you, Lord, for keeping me super humble.
Obviously my heart wants to feel like "the best" and have pride in who I am in MYSELF. And he constantly brings me back and reminds me that I should be finding my identity in him...not in my body, the way I carry a baby, my intellect, or any other superficial thing....

THe other day I went to a bible study. On my birthday. It was just wonderful. We talked about how to hear God's voice. I needed it.  The woman who taught it reminded me of Beth Moore. Speaking with authority over scripture...but with carefully chosen words.
The women there were just so well put together. They were mostly stay at home moms to wealthy husbands. The bible study was in a home that was perfectly decorated by an interior decorator and probably cost upwards of $500,000. There I sat with my unpolished toes in flip flops...and as I looked around at the beautiful pedicured feet in sandals and flats....I tucked those little feet under my chair. ;)
The Lord constantly has to humble me and remind me that this world is not about "STUFF"...and if I allow myself to get consumed there...I will not be running after him with my whole heart.
But goodness....talk about feeling that to the core of my being.
I am a little bit 'stuff' oriented.
I like nice things.
And...I apparently covet other people and the way the Lord allows them to experience life.
And for the record, I am going to get these swollen tootsies pedicured today.

So, I suppose....all this to say.....

I am still pregnant. Enjoying feeling Finn's little kicks. Knowing that although my due date is in one week and one day, we might have two weeks left. And I am just going to chill out. Trust in God's perfect plan. Because this life, although I like it think it is all about me, is not... :)

This song is called "You are for me" by Kari Jobe.
I have really enjoyed this song...ever since my friend Terri shared it with me.
So I am going to share it with you.
I hope you have a great day!


name
gray ric rac copy

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you and Brandon rock. I thought of this as I read your post:

    'You let the distress bring you to God, not drive you from him. The result was all gain, no loss. Distress that drives us to God does that. It turns us around. It gets us back in the way of salvation. We never regret that kind of pain. But those who let distress drive them away from God are full of regrets, end up on a deathbed of regrets. And now, isn't it wonderful all the ways in which this distress has goaded you closer to God? You're more alive, more concerned, more sensitive, more reverent, more human, more passionate, more responsible. Looked at from any angle, you've come out of this with purity of heart.' (2 Corinthians 7:9-12)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for ya'll! It won't be long now! And I LOVE that song! Loved the pictures of Briar too! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete