Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Nursery progress...kind of :)

Recent life has included trying to stay cool in the extreme heat and attending very humbling and sweet baby showers. I have LOVED these baby showers, and I have been overwhelmed by my kind friends and their sweet gifts and thoughtful words. I love that people acknowledge Briar in the midst of the JOY of Finn. I haven't forgotten him, and it means so much when my friends don't either. So thanks for that, friends!!

The nursery is coming along. My friend Karlissa...who is the BEST...made me curtains for the nursery that look kind of like this.
black-white-curtains

We found these on pintrest...from this website...
We saw on another blog how someone had painted their curtains. So we tried that.  And it failed.
So she surprised me at the shower by bringing me these.  I felt so loved.  What a SWEET gift.  Especially because I know she wanted to keep them for herself.

I also bought this dresser from her...
20110711_1911
Which I LOVE LOVE LOVE and it will match my crib skirt very well. I wanted to do mostly muted...grays and blacks and whites...with some pops of color.
The main 'pops will be turquoise and yellow.  I 'pinned' this to my pintrest and my friend Jamie (who is so COOL) saw it and then MADE IT!
travel-room07

This came from here.

My last shower had lots of mustaches....and bowties...can't wait to share it with you.

For now...this is a glimpse into my nursery.  It's not nearly done. I better hurry up!

I am 32 weeks and went to see the midwives today...and he is head down...yay :)  Sweet, sweet guy....I will get as big as I need to get if it means you are healthy.  I am working hard to stay healthy...but the occasional ice cream (okay, daily..) is a part of life lately...

We are SO EXCITED to meet you!   But we will go to lots of movies for the next eight weeks...because people say that it stops once the babies come...

HAPPY TUESDAY to YOU!!

name
gray ric rac copy

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished product! These glimpses are adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw you're so sweet!! you're welcome friend-we loved making some fun things for y'all!!! and we hope you enjoy them! can't wait to see the nursery come together- i know it'll be great!! love u!

    ReplyDelete