Thursday, September 30, 2010

So today..

I heard Brandon singing, "Glory Baby".
He was singing, "and we miss you every day, we miss you in every way..we can't wait for the day when we will hold you, we will hold you"
I said, "I love that!"
(I like to know when he thinks of Briar, as his ways are often less obvious than mine)
He said, "Yeah, I think of it often.  It is the song that plays the most in my head".
I love him.
Do you have a song that plays in your head?
I don't.
It makes me laugh that Brandon does.
But I do miss Briar.
We were sitting around tonight and I told Brandon that I miss him.
I'm ready for him to come back now.
I know that is not going to happen. It's not the way it's supposed to be. I'm okay with that most of the time. Really. I was telling someone today how FILLED WITH JOY I am to know that my son is worshipping the creator.  To know that he will never deal with some of the troubles in this world. All he knows is love. Perfect love.
But sometimes I just long to hold him again. To feel his little legs in my hands.  To touch his fingers one by one.  It's not going to be in this lifetime, because I already had those moments. We won't get them again.  And we will always cherish them.  But, sometimes I wish that I got to do it again...sooner..
and I think that's just fine.

Isaiah 41:10 


 10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
       do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
       I will strengthen you and help you;
       I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Brooke, I wish you could get those moments back. Thank you for sharing your heart out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I think I couldn't love you more I just read another of your posts and find out I can.

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems so unfair that we can't relive those moments over and over. I am praying for you and Brandon everyday! {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teary and emotional after reading this one. Love y'all. Thanks for sharing the pic on this post. I know that is so personal and vulnerable. We love you.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing you and Brandon hold that precious little one and I don't personally know you, but for you to have that sweet moment of joy and pain, covered in his grace. Makes me want to worship Jesus all the more.-Beth in GA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke - I just followed your link from the comment you left on my memorial blog. What a beautiful story of your son Briar! I just wanted to let you know how touched I have been today reading your posts since his birth. You honor his life so well! The celebration as you described it and in photos was amazingly beautiful. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke. That picture is amazing. I know its very personal so thank you for sharing. I love that it fills you with joy to think of Briar worshiping his Creator. That is so wonderful. Love ya'll. Praying.

    ReplyDelete