Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Where to begin?

I'm not even sure where to start as I tell you about the weekend, my Monday, etc. It has been a good weekend.  My friend Catherine had her sweet baby girl Mary Brent.  I can't wait to show you pictures.  The above picture will show you what is currently sustaining me, other than the Lord, to get through my days at school.  My water.  And my Starbucks Mocha Lite Frappucino (I NEVER GET THESE, but I am PREGGO, and they have a $2 deall for teachers at the Starbucks across the street....you can't beat that when the price is usually $5.20!!!)  with a shot of espresso poured on top. I think it's called Affagato style.  It's so darn good.  And worth it!! 

Yesterday I hit the all time MOST TIRED I have ever been in this pregnancy!! I got up at 4:30, worked out, went to work, chased after my second graders all day :) (with a smile), left work at 3:30 to go to a promotion ceremony of a dear friend (in my heels, mind you, after standing all day), and then managed to STAND while catching up with an old friend for THREE HOURS!!! It was 7pm and I realized I was still there, standing. I was SO TIRED.   Of course AG is so nice, he rubbed my feet. He was too tired to cook, so we got Chinese.  Don't judge me if I tell you we also got chinese Saturday night.  With Crab Rangoons. SO?? I know they're bad for me. :)  But hey, I will cook tonight!

I have been walking a good road. I did have one breakdown this weekend, but it was more talking with AG, and feeling frustrated that he doesn't handle things like I do.  At some point I will learn that God made men and women differently.  That was his plan.  That is how we are complete and whole when we marry one another, because we are SO DIFFERENT, and we balance each other.  That's not to say you can't be whole if you're not married, but being married has helped me to see that design the Lord had when he said that "TWO become ONE". 

Oh, and did I tell you about last Tuesday when I had a complete crying breakdown on my spin class instructor at 5am?? Oh poor thing. People ask me all the time about this baby, but for some reason, I just couldn't deal at 5am and I just broke down in tears. People really don't know what to do with you when that happens! Now whenver she sees me, i can tell she feels sorry for me and I just want to tell her, "It's okay, really, I'm celebrating him now, I just needed a little cry the other morning".  It's kind of embarrasing to break down on strangers (accquaintances) but at least people give me MAJOR grace and love when I do.

Anyway, about to go take care of some sweet kiddo for the day....better get to work!!
Have a great TUESDAY!

PS. I only have kids until 2:15 today, which makes today extra exciting for me :)

2 comments:

  1. Love you, friend. If you could see my "school table" right now, you would find my can of diet coke. :) We need things like this in the morning, right? Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, it was great to see you yesterday. Thanks for "saving" my seat! You looked bee-yoo-ti-ful! I'm so surprised to hear you were out passed 7! BTW, I'd eat chinese every night if i could get away with it!

    ReplyDelete