Sunday, July 11, 2010

Look for a rainbow

 I love this sign. I found it a long time ago on ETSY and I forgot to note where. So, if this belongs to you, know that I want to buy a sign from you but I can't locate you again :)
I LOVE SUNDAYS! Why? Because I love MYCHURCH. It is just amazing.  It speaks directly to my heart. Well, I suppose the church does not speak directly to my heart, but the Lord does.  Our church is talking through the book of James...specifically about trials.  Talking about how to persevere through trials.  How to push through pain and suffering.  Wow.  There I am Lord.

Today we talked through James 1:2-4, heard it before (of course)
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your face develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything".

Today a woman was interviewed. She had a wild story of perseverance and trust in the Lord. She spoke about how JOY does not always mean HAPPINESS. (DING,DING,DING)...if you scroll back a couple posts, and read the post about Joy....this made me feel very validated and encouraged.  I often feel joyful, as I have today, but maybe not completely happy. That is okay. Joy comes from the Lord, even when I don't have it. "Every good and perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning" James 1:17

I recently learned from AG's brother...who works a different cool guy job, about a wife of a killed officer in Florida....she is 9 months pregnant with a baby that was recently diagnosed with anencephaly.  Her husband was just killed on duty as a police officer.  Just when you begin to feel sorry for yourself, you hear a story like this and you realize that your job is not to sit in self pity, but to pray for others. This world and this life do not revolve around myself, my husband and my family.  We are lucky that we are here....blessed to have the friends and family that we do.  IT COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE.  Even when you feel like you're in the midst of the storm. You lost someone so special. You feel like you can't move on.  It could be worse.  You might not be able to imagine it, but someday, it will hit you square between the eyes, as it hit me.  This world is about bringing GLORY to GOD.  The rest of life is simply a mist. 

Okay, and to end the Sunday...I am embarrased to admit something to you.
I usually don't like much beef. In fact I am borderline vegetarian.  not really, butI could live without meat. During this pregnancy, I LOVE McDonalds. I am serious...the Angus beef burger is my best friend. Usually I think McDonalds is disgusting...I haven't been there in years.  I went there this weekend. One other recent weekend I went twice.  Don't judge me.  :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooke!
    Just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog (I love all of your crafty ideas but I also admire how honest you have been about how you are feeling during such a difficult time). Please know that you, Brandon & sweet little Briar are in my thoughts & prayers :)

    Don't worry I definitely won't judge you about McDonalds...like you I could probably live with out eating meat except for cheeseburgers from McDonalds! I think their cheeseburgers & french fries are probably two of my favorite things to eat :)

    Abby Neace

    ReplyDelete