Monday, March 1, 2010

The weekend's projects..

This is a picture I took with flashand without... 

To show these awesome under the counter lights that my hubby put in.  They show off the beadboard we installed about a year ago in addition to the AWESOME magnetic strips that I love IKEA for.
I don't know if you can see these lights. they might not look fancy to you. But do you know what I used to have? I used to have a nasty fluroscent box light. Some of you might like those. I don't. I hate them!  I really think lighting is important. Luckily my hubby agrees. He put in these nice tracks so we could have adequate lighting on everything in the kitchen.  It feels so much warmer and nicer. I love it.  I walked in there this morning and I just smiled. Light can change your whole mood, I think!
PS: the walls are not purple. They are grey. And they looked really cool in my mind. But didn't turn out quite as planned. As far as the window treatment on the left? Two aprons from Pier 1.  They don't match, I just wanted somewhere to put them. Eventually I will take them down and put something cute and somewhat matchy. I just wanted you to know that I'm aware of the mismatch mess!
Then there is the bike that I found used for an awesome deal. I tried it out yesterday and I am seeing how it fits in the sunroom (note to self: buy a nice house with garage next time).  I think hubby is going to try to negotiate a deal for it today :)

In other news: I'm going to attempt to make this tonight with some rotten bananas...
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


3 very ripe bananas (the size doesn’t much matter; medium to large works)
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
For topping:
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter or spray an 8-inch square pan.

In a medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas well with a fork or potato masher. Add the eggs, and stir well to combine. Add the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla, and stir to mix. Add ¾ cup of the chocolate chips, and stir briefly. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and set aside.

In a small bowl, stir together the topping ingredients. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter in the pan, and top with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.

Let me know if you try it.  I had it from a friend and it was awesome.
Alright, better get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment