Thursday, January 21, 2010

It breaks my heart...





This girl and I played soccer (futbol) every day. She followed me home. She waited at the gate for me each morning. I visited her home.  She is real. She has no clothes. No food. She might not even be alive anymore.  I can't ignore it anymore. I wish I could, because I hate seeing the pain. Part of me thinks that if I don't watch the news, it won't be real. That is true, right? I sometimes do that to the war on terror.

If you're interested in giving.... I'm not trying to be a billboard for giving.
But honestly. Pray for them. Pray for their safety. Pray that they might see light and hope.  I was watching Oprah today and Wyclef was saying that at night the people just sing. They sing praise songs. Really? Could you praise God in that? Because it sounds easy, as I go crawl into my warm bed after using my real, porcelain toilet and have a nice little huge piece of chocolate and grab my glass of water. It's not as easy when you think of the wretched smell (it smelled like a homeless person who never showers....in every corner of the country), when you think of the violence there.....
We need to pray. As a body of believers we are called to pray. 



Isaiah 43:2 (New Living Translation)


 2 When you go through deep waters,

      I will be with you.

   When you go through rivers of difficulty,

      you will not drown.

   When you walk through the fire of oppression,

      you will not be burned up;

      the flames will not consume you.

Praying for Haiti as I go to sleep tonight.  Even if you don't or can't give. Pray for them. 


1 comment: