Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy First Birthday MyChurch!

17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter,and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you lose on earth will be lost in heaven.” 

MyChurch (yes, that's the name of our church...it gets confusing when people ask where I go to church :) turned one year old today. One year ago our church launched...in a tent....because the building wasn't ready.  They expected a hundred...maybe a couple hundred.  If I'm not mistaken, almost 800 people came the first Sunday.  The tent was packed out. In 30 degree weather. It was crazy.  Today they decided to do it again today. Just for fun.  It was super fun.  They had flat screen tv's...in a tent. They had a full out worship set up...in a tent.  It was neat.  We've got big goals for this coming year. Big aspirations. But we serve a big God. We know it can happen.  We are excited to see where this year takes us!

******************************************************************************

Dinner Tonight.. I made one and Brandon made one. Mine has the arugula, grilled chicken and pesto. His has pepperoni, pizza sauce and cheese. Go figure.
Side Note....
I'm a little nervous because I am a personal trainer...who is not yet certified. I train a couple people at the park. I teach a bootcamp to ladies from my church. I LOVE IT. It is intense and fun and feeds my soul. I will get certified eventually, so I can maybe get paid for it...but who has the time? :) But tomorrow morning, at 5:30 am, I somehow invited a personal trainer to MY BOOTCAMP. Why would I do that? I don't know what I was thinking in that moment. She asked my friend and I what workout we were doing Monday morning and we said, "Oh, we just  meet at the park. You are welcome to come".  Bad move. I regretted it as soon as it came out of my mouth.
Will she tear apart my form? Will she tell me to get certified or she will turn me in to the board of workout nazis? I am nervous. I feel pressure to pump out big products tomorrow :) So. Think about that, if you will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment