Saturday, November 17, 2012

The beauty of the Lord

This weekend is Briar's due date. 
Two years ago he was due to be born.
But he was already born.
And I grieved again when this weekend hit.
The due date that never actually happened.

This year, on accident, I planned my boy's joint "Brothers Birthday Bash" this weekend. Finn celebrating his first bday and Eli his second.
Well, it was meant to be.

Briar, we wish we were celebrating with you on earth. 
Tomorrow, we will go to a birthday party of the sweet boy who is our great friend who was due on the same day as you.  We will celebrate him, and remember that your purpose was never to walk on this earth, but to simply make your appearance and touch lives in a different way.  We pray for peace as we try to wrap our minds around that this weekend. 


Our lives have changed so much in the past several years.
We have grown so much in our knowledge of the Lord and his REAL and divine power.  

Today, on national adoption day...I'm just having a crazy moment.  The Lord KNEW that Briar's due date was right at national adoption day. No coincidence there.  I love that. How the details work together. So beautiful, the way the Lord weaves our story!  The beauty of the Lord is awesome.  Sometimes painful, but awesome.

It is also no coincidence that I am studying James 1. Verse by verse.
"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds..."
Amen.

name
gray ric rac copy

2 comments:

  1. aww, friend. I have been thinking of you - I should know by now that means *pray*. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete