Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye Christmas...

{Before 2011, I figured I better post this...}

Taking the tree down...and all my decorations...well...it's just sad.
Let's be honest.
I love Christmas.
I love to decorate right after Thanksgiving. I usually don't take down until after the new year.
But I had help in town.
And I figured I might as well face the facts. Christmas is over.
So I took everything down.
And I feel great!  It feels so fresh to have everything put away...and to ring in the new year in style.




On the cruise, one of the things I missed the most was football. Silly, right?  Also, don't judge the JOY separated on my mantel...I hate having the TV on the mantel, so it makes it hard to do much with it. My goal is to cover it up with a painting and have some system where the paining raises to the ceiling to show the TV...



My espresso machine I got for Christmas....so PUMPED!!  HOORAY for amazing gifts!!


my sweet momma, showing off the empty Christmas tree corner...

One of my favorite wedding gifts was our framed wedding invite with a painted wreath around it.  I never would display my wedding invite otherwise, but it is so fun to put it out right around our anniversary and Christmas and look at the wording of our special day.  And then our globe...turned right to our favorite place....reminding us to pray for our little guy...


Random little post-Christmas cheer,
but i hope you are enjoying your preparations for 2011!!
name


gray ric rac copy

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I set up a few days before christmas and then down the day after. Its so nice to have it all fresh and minimal feeling.
    So I LOVE your coffee mugs and stacker where are they from I want some badly!!!

    ReplyDelete