Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy Days...

Do you know Pioneer Woman? She is incredible! I think she was the first blog I ever followed regularly!!  I ran across Pioneer Woman's "coming home" photography submissions yesterday afternoon. Although I didn't have any professional photographers when AG came home the first time in 2007...I did get some pictures. It was such a fun moment....after 15 months of being apart. I would love to go and take pictures for others...it is such a special time! 
It is a life changing deployment when they are gone for so long.  This is the first time in our marriage we have not been gearing up for a deployment....NO TIME in the future....so we are so looking to the future with expectancy of life together. Time to simply BE (dwell) in this life...although we are dealing with different types of struggles, it is neat to know how the Lord changes things to make GOOD out of our situations.
I was reading Romans 8 yesterday, and when I stumbled upon Romans 8:28...which I'm sure I have mentioned before... 
"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."  
Even in the hardest times, the Lord brings us into GOOD.  
An example of GOOD...below :)

2 comments:

  1. "Coming Home" pics always make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "Pioneer Woman" - being reading her for a couple of years and David got me the cookbook for Christmas...she always finds a way to make me smile - especially her "punks"!
    (Tried to get Jenny to follow - but it's a "lost cause"!!)
    Something else we have in common! <3
    Hope you're having a good weekend with the Bran-Man!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, "BIG 'C'"!!!

    ReplyDelete