Friday, February 19, 2010

Have you been introduced?


Let me tell you about someone. If you haven't met her, you need to. 
Her name is Hungry Girl. 
Can you relate to that name?
I CAN!
Well, her real name is Lisa Lillien. I have been watching her blog and her website (above) for years. Recently, she has come out with two cookbooks and frequently visits the Today Show and the Morning Show. She is adorable. She is a normal girl who likes to eat. (HELLO, me too!!!) but doesn't want to be huge (and again...I agree). 
So, she decided to make yummy foods with substitutions. Such as butternut squash fries. Or my favorite brownie/fudge (one box of devils food cake mix or brownie mix and one can of Libby's pumpkin): mix together with NOTHING else and put in 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Yummy fudgie brownie.
Check her out. I bet you will like her.

If you already know her, tell me a recipe you like.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Lisa b/c she is honest about the fact that fixing overeating means you do have to feel hungry. Of her recipes, I have to say that the carrot cake muffins are my favorite. http://bit.ly/P2eAY

    I have a hard time with the amount of processed food she uses, but she's honest about her choices and is trying to change the way we all think about diet & convenience.

    ReplyDelete