Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bootcamp Begins...again...

One of my happiest moments as an Army wife. Ever.
Halloween Day, 2007.  After 15 months.

What this has to do with bootcamp, I don't know.  I guess the Army reminds me of bootcamp.

Which reminds me of what I have to teach in the morning.
I volunteered (again) to teach a bootcamp at 5:30am through my church's growth groups.  We do all kinds of groups, from bible studies to common interests.


 I really love teaching bootcamp.
Tomorrow morning we are going to warm up.
Short Jog (1/4 mile)
Then...
Ladder (meaning you go up in reps and come back down) (on a bench): 5 pushups, 5 dips, 10 pushups, 10 dips, 15 pushups, 15 dips, 20 pushups, 20 dips, 15 pushups, 15 dips, 10 pushups, 10 dips, 5 pushups, 5 dips.
Plank (on elevation) walk feet in and back out for one minute (rest 10 seconds) repeat X3
 Alternating Jacks (jumping jacks) and Power Jacks (jump squat out and in) for two minutes
Lunge around building (good, slow, focus on form)
Squat Ladder (just like pushups/dips) with pulses in between.
Depending on time, we will finish with abs and cooldown.


Following your passions is encouraged. One of mine is fitness. The other is marriage, family and seeing people come to know Jesus.  So we're leading another group too, called "Shipwrecked".  We're studying Jonah with other couples.  Can you guess why the whale was made? We have an outdoor event when we try to gather members for our group. We were trying to be creative. I think we came off as "weirdo". It's fine :) We are.

Lots of other fun groups too...
Cardio Dance
Community Service
Some awesome bible studies
Men's Groups
Marriage Enrichment
Support for the military spouses...
even...are you ready? A TWILIGHT book club.
Don't worry. It will be connected to the gospel.
But even if it wasn't. Community is important. Godliness is fostered through community with believers, in my opinion.
 

Goodnight. 5:30 is early. (I shouldn't joke, I do it every day....but it's still early)

No comments:

Post a Comment