Friday, November 20, 2009

Monogrammed...EVERYTHING..

Get Ready. This is FUN.


I love monograms. Maybe not as much as some people in the south, but I love them still. Today was the perfect day to check out Design Sponge and see all the fun Monogrammed BAKING they are doing. Fun, huh? We all know how much I like to bake. In fact, I did make those fun, rainbow cupcakes the other day. It was so fun to see the faces when the kids opened them up and saw the fun surprise inside!

If you're going to have multi color cupcakes, you MUST have multi-color bowls!

Once I mixed up the cake batter (from the box) I spread it into several bowls. I simply mixed in food coloring until I obtained the color I desired. Some of the colors (Hello ugly purple on the left) didn't turn out exactly as I hoped...but that is part of the process!!

At this point, I was wondering why I began baking at 10pm. Poor choice, I continued to remind myself....yet I pressed on.

GOOD THING! These were so much fun. So cute...




I tore the top off the cupcakes so I could showcase the inside of the cuties. Too bad I forgot to take a picture of these once they were frosted with sprinkles. They were so cute. But it was too late. 11:30 when these finished. It didn't work out well for me. But, it was worth it.


Happy Weekend!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What cute cupcakes! My students would love them as well...I work with college students, but they still love treats!

    I stumbled across your blog and thought I'd say hello. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments! No, the birds didn't come from Martha Stewart, but I love the fabric idea.

    I painted the canvas and cut out the birds from paper and then mod-podged them in place. This was my first mod-podge experience and I kind of screwed up. I did not glue the birds down first, I just went to town with the mod-podge. Some of my edges are not stuck down as well as I'd like. I still love the way they look, though.

    ReplyDelete